marriage and family in the civil code
Family law in Thailand is the area of the law that deals with family-related issues and encompasses marriage laws, divorce, property of husband and wife, adoption, parentage. Below the section of laws governing engagement and marriage in Thailand.
- - Betrothal (formal engagement) in the civil code
- - Conditions of marriage in Thailand
- - Relationship of husband and wife under Thai civil law
- - Property of Husband and Wife (jointly owned matrimonial assets)
- - Void of Marriage
- - Termination of Marriage (divorce)
- - Maintenance between husband and wife or parent and child
THAI MARRIAGE LAWS
Section 1435. A betrothal can be effected only when the man and the women have completed there seventeenth year of age.