Is it required by law to appoint a lawyer to execute a valid will ?

My will leaves all my property and assets, a condo and bank account in Thailand to a friend. The will has been officially translated into Thai. I expect that he can obtain transfer of my a/c to his a/c (Both the same Thai banks) on presentation of the Death Certificate and Wiil to The Bank. I want to know if he can also transfer my condo in the same simple way. He is resident in Thailand, but US citiizen. Is it necessary by law to appoint a lawyer for this please ?
Asked 10 years ago
John Angus
An administrator or executor of the will has to be apointed by a court so you would need a Thai lawyer to apply with the court for permission and appointment of an administrator. It however depends if a will made in Thailand has to be executed or a foreign executor has to be appointed based on a foreign will.
Answered 10 years ago

Please register/login to answer this question.  Click here to login